COCKBAIN EVENTS LTD
C2C ULTRA 5th EDITION
140 MILES NON STOP
COAST TO COAST
1. Runners and crew must adhere to the Highway Code at all times.
2. Crews must not stop on the actual route (C2C Cycle route) but must always pull COMPLETELY OFF the road into a safe parking area, exit the vehicle and tend to the runner from a safe point at the side of the road. Some off road sections are not accessible by crew vehicles, so runners must be prepared to cover upto 10 miles without aid.
3. Crews MUST NOT assist the runner from the vehicle or tail the runner, OR attempt to speak to the runner from a moving vehicle or slow the traffic. Help for the runner can only be made by parking AHEAD of the runner and providing aid at the side off the road. Other crew members must stay off the road.
Crews must not attempt to park on corners or block entrances/exits.
4. We suggest only one crew member should attend/exit the vehicle at any given time and they must be wearing HIGH VIZ clothing and the appropriate night wear.
5. Runners must wear HIGH VIZ clothing for the entire race duration, FRONT AND BACK. Crews must also do the same. LED 'blinkers' must be worn during the night by ALL runners and ALL crew.
6. Head torches must be worn during the night, but not directly shone at oncoming traffic.
7. Crew vehicles must disply a high viz 'CAUTION RUNNERS' sign to the rear of the vehicle.
8. Runners CAN NOT enter a crew vehicle at any time. Crews can provide a deck chair for seating their runner ONLY in a safe off road area (examples given in crew manual).
9. Any runner entering a crew vehicle will be noted down as 'retired' whatever the circumstances.
10. Crew members cannot pace a runner.
11. Runners who retire must inform the RD straight away.
12. Race numbers must be worn at all times on the front.
13. The runner himself must give his number at the timing stations. Not a crew member.
14. A runner cannot start this race without signing a waiver. We hold NO RESPONSIBILITY for the safety of the runner or his crew. Crew insurance is recommended. The above rules must be adhered, but common sense prevails.
15. Runners crew must carry emergency/compulsory equipment. (water, high viz, food, phone, space blanket, head torch, batteries, money)
16. Runners will be disqualified if they deviate from the set C2C route and must complete any modified sections.
COVID MEASURES STATEMENT
Following on from the recent addition of restrictions in the North East we would like to reassure all runners that the C2C race will still be going ahead.
The new North East guidance states that you can continue to take part in organised sporting or licensed physical activity in groups f more than 6. Individual sports can be played, but should follow government guidance on outdoor sport and recreation.
Our covid secure event company has a thorough risk assessment and has mitigation in place that is in line with all government guidance for organising outdoor sport.
These measures include;
• operating strictly within government guidance and ensuring event delivery plans are COVID secure
• communicating clearly and consistently with all participants and support staff
• test NHS Test and trace requirements including recording of participants and officials to facilitate contacting by NHS Test and Trace if needed
• maintaining a record of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace
• maintaining physical and personal hygiene
• keeping participants, officials, volunteers, and staff safe
Our event plan includes assessment of the transmission risk that a return to Sport and Activity Outdoor Events represents based on three key variables, Droplet/aerosol generation, Fomite transmission and population.
We have socially distanced starting point outdoors, where clearly labelled named trackers will be on a table to collect. At the end of the race a medal will be placed on table/bench for runner to collect to limit contact points.
Crews need to keep away from the start and park up away from other crews where possible and not mingle with other crews. All the checkpoints are for guideline only. There will be no internal cut offs. Crews should not congregate at any one place, including the finish unless waiting in car. Crews should be cut down to one person only.
The length of the course and low density of participants allows social distancing throughout the event.
There are no spectators allowed
Runners have made their own arrangements for travel, and baggage/equipment storage.
We have requested All participants, Crew and officials must undergo a self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms. No-one should leave home to participate in sport or officiate if they, or someone they live with, has any of the following:
• A high temperature
• A new, continuous cough
• A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.